Misamis Oriental is rich with tourism, commerce, and culture that travelers far and wide should experience.
After settling in at Lagoon Beach Resort, we recommend a variety of activities to do and places to visit during your stay.
- Experience the country’s first world-class water park at the Seven Seas Waterpark in Opol, Cagayan de Oro. Business hours are from 9:00 – 17:00.
- Jump on the zip-line, forest luge, and other outdoor attractions at Dahilayan Forest Park.
- Experience all that nature has to offer at the Mapawa Nature Park at Malasag, Cagayan de Oro.
- Ride the great white rapids of the Cagayan de Oro river. We recommend booking with Kagay Whitewater Rafting or Great White Water Tours.
- Visit the infamous Camiguin Island, which is a three-hour drive from the city. Some of its tourist spots and fun activities include the White Island, the Sunken Cemetery, and the Ardent Hot Spring.
- Learn all about Cagayan de Oro city’s history and heritage at the Museo de Oro at Xavier University-Ateneo de Cagayan.
- Experience the nightlife at the Sky Bar at the Cagayan Town Center. You can drop by Yakimix CDO for a scrumptious buffet dinner to while away the early hours.
- Gaze at the city nightscape at High Ridge, which gives you the greatest view of Cagayan de Oro. You can relax over a nice meal at the High Ridge Restaurant while enjoying the view.
- Visit the neighboring city of Iligan where you’ll find the famous Maria Cristina Falls. Known locally as the “twin falls” as the flow is separated by a large rock at the brink of the mountain.
- If you’ve got enough time to plan, you can book your trip on the last week of August when the city celebrates the annual Higalaay Festival.
If you’re interested in visiting any of these activities, feel free to visit us at the Reception Desk for directions and location information.